The traditional SMART (Stress Management and Resiliency Training) program pulls on several disciplines, from neuroscience to evolutionary biology and psychology. It focuses on 3 main principles: awareness, attention and attitude. My MLVT (Mindful Living VT) SMART programs incorporate these principles and pulls on the power of mindfulness as the fundamental practice to improve attention, create balance and to build connection (the ABCs of mindfulness). From this foundation you discover your tools of resiliency and build practices into your daily life to manage stress, improve your overall health and well~being.
.."between the stimulus and the response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom." Victor Frankl
Through my experience of teaching SMART programs to healthcare provides, residents and medical students, patients, teachers and yoga students, I have come up with several offerings to manage stress, build resiliency :
· SMART for Healthcare Providers, Medical Students and Residents.
· SMART at Work: for all working professionals.
· SMART Yoga : this program combines SMART with a physical yoga practice. This can be integrated into any of the other offerings.
· SMART Coaching: personal and group offerings. This is a custom program designed to meet the needs of the individual or group. Presented in a 6 week series.
· SMART for Patients: a program designed to empower patients in regards to their healthcare experience. More
The course content can be delivered in 4- 6 modules. This delivery is both in person and on-line. The program can be adapted to meet specific needs with this being a general overview of the content:
1. Stress Management for Resiliency and Well-being : Overview
2-5. Establis4 Experiential SMART Modules
6. Defining Your Resiliency Toolbox and Creating Your Daily Protocol
o Presentation of session concept supported by science and life experiences
o Experiential components
· Participant will have a focus each session. This is integrated into daily life and will not require additional time but will require intentional effort.
· The intention is to introduce some ideas, concepts and practices that have been proven to decrease stress and improve quality of life.
· It will require intention, awareness and reflection. The effort is individual as is the outcome of the program.
Lets chat about what would work best for you mindfullivingvt